Induction cooktops are among the top choice for many households today. It could provide numbers of advantages once used, and at the same time, it could be easily cleaned compared to other cooktops. The only part of induction cooktops to be cleaned is the area where there is a direct contact with the pan or pot. The food or the liquid which spills into the cooktop will be less likely to be baked into it. But the surface of the induction cooktop is made of a glass-ceramic of a material which is susceptible to abrasions and scratches. To keep the induction cooktop at its best regarding functionality and looks, cleaning it regularly through using products that are only designed for the said appliance must be considered.
Cleaning induction cooktops could be through daily basis or could be specified in a heavier way of cleaning once greatly needed. Following certain steps must be regarded as a guide in achieving success regarding making your induction cooktop clean and at its best.
- Allow first the induction cooktop to cool down once you just used it. Wipe it using a damp sponge to remove any of the wet cooking spills.
- Glass ceramic cooktop cleaner could be utilized but shake the bottle first and then pour or dab a small amount into the induction cooktop. With the use of paper towel, you have to rub the cooktop gently through smoothing the cleaner into the entire surface.
- Wipe off the cleaner from the induction cooktop and then clean the surface using a dry cloth.
- Induction cooktop must be allowed to cool down first. Then pour white vinegar into a soft cloth and so rub it especially to spots of hard water into the surface of an induction cooktop.
- Use ceramic cooktop cleaner on areas having light amounts of any hardened residue. The areas could be buffed with the use of cooktop cleaning pad. It could be repeated once needed.
- Consider ceramic cooktop scraper or even another single-edged razor blade into its 45-degree angle against those thick layers of the residue. Slowly and carefully apply pressure to avoid any damages to some surface of the induction cooktop. Scrape off the residue from the induction cooktop, and then the residue must be discarded.
- Again, with the use of ceramic cooktop cleaner together with a paper towel, clean its surface. You can buff off once there is an excess cleaner through the use of clean and dry cloth.
Those are the steps you have to follow once your cooktop needs cleaning. Be aware of having the required materials first before proceeding proper cleaning. Be also guided that once you have a cooktop that has steel components, there is a need to clean them with the use of stainless steel cleaner together with nonabrasive cloth and finally wipe them dry. And also, observe some safety measures once you are into cleaning your induction cooktops in order not to encounter any issues or problems.
Get more information about induction cooktops here: Advantages of Using Induction Cooktops